Thursday 31 July 2008

So, so weird


There they are, my astounding smiling boys! Though their faces are far from like this all the time! butyou give them the right chances and the smiles make it all worthwhile.



Walking to the park today, in the cool of the morning, as the sun began to heat away the cloud cover in amazing patterns, I was suspended again in the strangest sensation...something BIG is coming.



I wondered with a friend the other evening if it is because I see the same patterns as when I last returned to Brighton in 1990 to find half the town centre shops closing down. I see the empty shops locally gradually increasing in numbers...the usual turnover of new businesses already slowed...and the new cafes ,that all sprung up in the years I was away this time, all shortening their hours...trying to find trade between them in the Monday to Friday week.



I noticed two more closed shops on the way to the sunshine park this morning...and one whole office building.



Somehow all the sunshine and playing seemed a bit strange in juxtaposition to the shops and the 35% increase in British Gas prices this week...



And still the sensation underneath is something BIG is coming...My mind asks if I'm prepared, and my body sends it's wave of peace leveling a solid foundation to stand on amidst changes...I know all is good.



BIG can be good.







One of the pretty shops locally!

0 comments: