Sunday 24 February 2008

The motorway

Taken by my mum at Yorkshire Sculpture Park




Everyone is taking it in turns to be ill...Again! ...I'm trying to refuse to be ill.

This has been an amazing week where Thursday felt like Saturday, Friday felt like Sunday, and by yesterday we had no idea what day it was for half the time...

I like not knowing what day it is...I think it goes someway toward being in the moment once you begin to lose your framework.

I have a particular few moments that always feel as though no time has passed between them...the moment I realise it's Friday again, some point on every motorway journey, moments in the light on the beach, and having a cigarette with certain friends (though I don't smoke anymore so...) in those moments, some enjoyed for longer than others, suddenly nothing is separated, everything is a daydream or thought or distraction from that moment. It is all the same. In those moments I feel sure I am in them forever, have been, always will be...those are also the moments I am far from sure that I am me...I just happen to be part of the moment, as much as Friday, a cigarette, my friends or the light...no different to the motorway.

0 comments: