Monday 12 May 2008

Happiest accident


So these are photos of the finished picture...It was much more difficult than I anticipated working with the black paper, and once I reached a stage of giving up I began to play with oil pastels along with the pencils...finally here at the end I find that the pearlescent effect is intriguing with this particular image, as it allows the light to truly appear to be reflecting on the wet sand, glowing from the sky etc. in a way that gives this little picture some wonderful sense of life.


I have a particular soft spot for watching my children in this kind of light...that reflected from sand and/or water for some reason is quite magical to me...so here, in the end, I'm really quite taken with this drawing/painting as I was the photograph.










Lovely.


Now I just have to get it to America in one piece!

0 comments: