Sunday 21 December 2008

Gifts

When you give something part of you is open, momentarily letting glimpses of your soul shine through, opening those aspects into communication and healing with the soul of those that open up to receive.

Something wonderful clicked in me yesterday, as I wrote my morning pages I became aware that everyone on the planet has a dream. Even if that dream is just to make it to the next moment, find food or water, survive the next punch, pass through pain or just sit down and rest. Internally, awareness taking stock of the moment we are in and beginning to hope for the next moment....and for a few moments I saw the planet from that perspective...a planet of hope energy in all it's different flavours. Saw it's completeness, how everything conceived is included in this very moment, the ups, downs, good, bad, ecstasy, hopes, peace and desperation.

I feel that somewhere, someone is holding part of this whole for you and for me. This is my belief, my understanding of existence...that if something exists, it has to exist...Therefore, if there is something that you know exists, and you are not being it, then someone else is being it. So these moments for me, as well as moments of sheer awe and the most tender joy at seeing a 'whole' moment, are also always ones of deep gratitude. Gratitude for life and existence, and deep gratitude that in this moment I am neither perpetrator or victim of anything I could not bear to be; and gratitude for all those brave enough to be living wild and beautiful dreams so that we can see them and aspire to them even before we are ready to be them ourselves.

Loving to be reminded just how much of a gift life continuously is.

And This is the start of my thank you for this year blogs, This thanks going to Halcyon Pink..for among other amazing things the video above.

2 comments:

Pen said...

thank you for sharing. this and the many other insightful, personal, creative, sincere, and honest postings.

here's wishing you a magical christmas and a dreams fulfilled new year.

xo

Nadya said...

I read your note on the word for last year (looking up Artist Way info) . . . & about the focus last Jan being on de-cluttering - I'm seeing SO MANY folks in the blogs I visit who are doing this just now - & Pluto is just entering/entered Capricorn (something like 246 yrs since he's been there :) . . . transforming the physical??

LOVE your pastels!! Have browsed a bit here - the picture at the top of your pages is stunning! I have LOTS of clutter (also really AT WORK on shifting that!) & a passion for art :)

Blessings & HAPPY NEW YEAR - my word is PRESENCE (on my creation station blog)