Wednesday 22 July 2009

Asking for Forgiveness

Hmmmm...just pondering the forgiveness thing

I have a sense that asking for forgiveness is not asking to be 'let off' but a wish that the person wronged be released from their anger and hurt by a heartfelt remorse. That balance and freeing of Love to flow clearly again is the desired result.

I also understand for-give-ness to be the giving of love in circumstances you would not have thought possible until it happens.

The thing I'm pondering this morning is more about my concept of Spirit/God/All That Is and forgiveness...

That perhaps my feelings of faith and surrender to something bigger than myself are my need for forgiveness. That perhaps I'm really not sure how to forgive myself without external forgiveness...even though when I feel I need to ask for forgiveness I have faith that I am forgiven instantly, automatically, no questions asked and feel the release and Love flow immediately.

Okaaayyy...but...

'forgiveness is not asking to be 'let off' but a wish that the person wronged be released from their anger and hurt by a heartfelt remorse'

! The faith I do have of Spirit/Universal Energy/Love Eternal is that It Is complete, undamageable and impossible to offend and so would have no need of releasing from its angry judgements

...That's Me!!

Huh! Forgiving myself all along! Cool!

Been Wondering about that all morning...funny how far we can get from our own understanding!

Now I'm wondering if each time we come back round to understanding something we do so more deeply than before? And does it ever stick permanently?

1 comments:

Loran said...

I have desperately wished for understanding to "stick" but it never seems to, I wonder where it goes. I'll read a journal entry and not remember knowing something. But I do like what you said about forgiveness of self and eternal love remaining affected by all our little petty concerns. So true.

Loran